Farrowing pen | Animal welfare
The SowTakeAway farrowing pen with separate farrowing area which eliminates the need for a flatdeck
- Safe separation of the sow from the piglets
- Trough geometry allows simultaneous feeding of lactating sow and suckling piglets
- Optimized in line with the requirements of the livestock regulations (6.5m² per pen)
- Supports early introduction to roughage
- The combined sow/suckling piglet trough receives fresh food when empty (ad libitum on empty plate) increasing feed intake of the sow and early intake of the piglets. No need to move the piglets at weaning. Only the sow is removed.
The lower conversion of the piglets at SowTakeAway reduces stress and improves health of the piglets at weaning. Increased weaning weight and better economic performance.